Organization: Transport and Logistics industry that is seeking a contract Back End Developer – nodeJS to join their dynamic team. This person would be working within the digital products team, developing digital products that will be used at a National level. The opportunity is a 6+6 month contract, based in Brisbane CBD.
You will collaborate within a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team and development organisation to deliver excellent software for the client’s agile environment. Opportunity to work in a passionate, dynamic, growing environment with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new methodologies and technologies.
Ideally, you'll have expertise, or had significant open source or work experience with one or more of these backend technologies - Node, Java and Web Services API.
Knowledge and experience with CI, automated testing, agile development, and continuous deployment are a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience as a backend developer who is a passionate learner, eager to explore new technologies, and loves execution.
- Experience working in Agile-Scrum Environment
- Experience working in a large workflow dominated environment
- Developed Web Services Components
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing; and Agile Games
- You enjoy designing elegant, but complex APIs using Node.js (RESTful or GraphQL), writing clean, and pure code, and know when to prioritize code quality over speed (and when not to)
Please Note: Successful candidate will not be come from a traditional Infrastructure Manager role but from a Service Operations background.
For more information, you can call Kaytee Reid in our Brisbane office on (07) 3295 7439 quoting Job Reference 511631 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.