- End to End Procurement Experience
An exciting new opportunity has opened up for a Project Manager who has end to end procurement process experience in a government context to become a part of a well established Government Organisaton for a contract role based out of Brisbane, CBD.
The Contractor Reports to the Manager, Delivery Centre or delegate in relation to project risks, significant development issues and progress against the project schedule. The Contractor shall be required to undertake some or all of the following duties as directed by the Manager of Initiatives or delegate.
Work to be performed will include:
- Produce project artefacts based on Prince2® Project Management methodology.
- Scope, plan and co-ordinate work packages for Technical interfaces to departmental applications;
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of projects and work packages with multiple ICT suppliers and service partners to ensure project priorities are delivered on time, on budget and within quality tolerances.
- Manage project and work package estimates, budgets, invoicing and resources.
- Manage multiple projects, work packages and activities against deadlines within a time-critical development environment to ensure that deliverables are prioritised and completed within the specified timeframes.
The Contractor must have experience in and knowledge of the following:
- Proven ability to manage agile projects including architecture development, procurement in a government context, and implementation of services.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work packages and activities.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and schedule projects using appropriate tools and monitor projects to ensure project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, time and scope, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess and manage project risks and issues and establish and maintain project registers
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct, manage and motivate a project team including planning and prioritising work, ensuring deadlines are met, managing budget and resources, maintaining confidentiality and exercising discretion in the absence of decision makers.
- Proven ability to gather information and advice for business and systems analysis, and design so that the systems meet business requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain project communication channels and facilitate collaboration and open communication amongst stakeholder groups.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and customers, and possess a high degree of interpersonal and negotiation skills, and the ability to work with stakeholders of all levels and styles.
Highly Desirable Qualifications/Certifications/Skills
- Prince2® Project Management training or equivalent experience in a project environment.
- Qualifications or experience in Agile Methodologies.
- Previous experience working in Government agencies would be advantageous.
To apply please send your resume by following the links below or contact Juan Cazin at TEKsystems on 07 3295 7408 for further information.