- $650 Inclusive of super per day
- Federal Government Agency
- High Profile Project
Purpose of Position
Agency business analysts deliver product changes in line with the vision and strategic direction of the portfolio by developing and documenting requirements from key stakeholders, in conjunction with product owners. They are a conduit between the business units, internal, external stakeholders and solutions delivery teams gain clear understanding of the problem to solve, create solution requirements that meet the needs of the user and drive delivery of the solution through the full Solution Delivery Life Cycle.
- Analyse existing systems, applications and functions to ensure strategic solution objectives are met.
- Analyse business processes; identify alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommend new approaches
- Gather requirements using a range of sources such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis, and user journeys.
- Conduct analysis of business needs across a complex portfolio of initiatives in a diverse and geographically spread environment to ensure requirements are fully and accurately captured.
- Take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective
- Business processes through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisational change.
- Identify, develop and implement business improvement opportunities on proposed and completed
- Projects to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Prepare business cases to define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Ability to identify and document solution risks, mitigation and risk treatment in line with defined framework
- Prepare briefing papers and present at governance forums to elicit direction and decisions
- Interpret and translate analysis results into insightful, clear and succinct technical specifications, business requirement and functional requirements documentation for solution development
- Broad experience as business analyst, including development of detailed business and functional requirements, requirements traceability, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis, and user journeys and solution evaluation.
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication including report, briefing writing and presentation skills.
- Experience of facilitating collaborative work (e.g. workshops, brainstorming sessions).
- Requirement to obtain and maintain relevant national policy check, and security clearance in which Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility.
For more information about this position please apply here!