We are currently recruiting a Java Developer for a rapidly growing platform-as-a-service scale up, who are growing their team in Brisbane. You will work alongside an established Sydney team and be one of the first members based in Brisbane, this is an exciting opportunity to skyrocket your career and get the chance to learn new and exciting tech stack.
As Java Software Engineer you will be part of a growing team, and you will take ownership of the ongoing design and development of our client’s registry platform. In this role you will work very closely with Business Analysts, Product Owner, Operations and Sales teams in order to discuss requirements and understand the business value of what each task is trying to achieve. Responsibilities include but are not limited to.
- Software architecture and design for key projects and initiatives.
- Continuous delivery methodologies, tools and scalable architecture.
- Designing reusable OO systems and components.
- Building high quality, modular, well-documented, reusable code.
- Developing web, middleware and integration with third party systems.
- Assisting with iteration planning and progress monitoring.
- Participate of code reviews and design sessions of new features.
- Ongoing maintenance, monitoring and support of production live systems.
- Provide input to disaster recovery, high availability, rapid restoration of services through involvement in planning.
You will get to work with a lot of exciting technologies such as:
- Java 14, Spring, Agular 10
- Docker, Amazon Web Services, Jenkins
- At least two years of relevant commercial experience
- Knowledge of commercial OOP with Java in a highly technical environment
- Applied understanding of design patterns, spring frameworks and ORM technologies.
- Agile practices, Confluence, Jira
- You are able to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Able to take ownership of your work and consistently deliver good quality results.
- You are eager to learn and build new skills.
- You have a hardworking and resilient mind set – even when things are difficult, you will continue to work with a positive attitude and achieve the desired outcome for the customers.
- Executer – able to get hands dirty when required.
Contact Danielle Heath in our Brisbane office on 07 3295 7449 quoting Job Reference 526693 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.